Salem Oregon Visitor Center
Tour Historic Mission Mill Museum
Salem Oregon Community Guide
Salem Then & Now Directory
The Breyman Fountain in Willson Park Is located on the east side of Cottage Street NE. It is constructed of cast pieces, bolted together which was common at the time and may also be seen in some cemetery monuments in Salem.
The Breyman Fountain was donated by Mr. and Mrs. Werner Breyman in 1907. It was a watering place for horses which were the primary means of transportation power at the time. This view circa 1910. The Capitol was destroyed by fire in 1935 and replaced in 1937.
Breyman Fountain and Oregon Capitol - February 2005. Today, the fountain, a noteworthy historical artifact, is sometimes used as a planter for flowers. No horses, no water.
© 1994-2002 - all rights reserved